Triphala is an Ayurvedic herb that has a broad variety of health benefits. This is a complete Triphala guide on its origin of the herb, its benefits, and much more. Learn more now.
What is Triphala Churna?
Triphala is considered to be an Ayurvedic mix of three dried fruits: Amalaki (Emblica Officinalis or Amla), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica or Baheda) and Haritaki (Terminalia chebula or Harad). It is comprised three fruits, or “three fruits”, it got its name from “Tri” which means three “phala” meaning fruit in this sense. It is a very popular treatment in Ayurveda for its innovative continuing research into an antioxidant supplement. The 1000-year-old plant-based remedy is most often utilized to treat digestive issues, particularly for appetite-stimulating properties as well as to help digestion and to build immunity. It’s called Triphala Churna in in its form as powder.
The practice of Ayurveda, Triphala is also called The Tridoshic Rasayana referring to its beneficial effects on the three doshas based on the requirements of the body, which are different for each person. Doshas are the life force that is derived by the five elements that all humans are thought to be made up of: air, space water, fire, earth. They are the basis for the person’s physical, emotional and psychological well-being. There are three types of doshas: Kapha, Vata and Pitta. If you have excess Kapha or Pitta, Triphala controls and helps to regulate the two doshas in the body to achieve the ideal levels.
Benefits of Triphala
Three foods (Amla, Baheda, Harad) that are found in Triphala are beneficial in their own right, but when combined with these three fruits, they can provide better results in a variety of health concerns. Triphala is also a great source of longevity as well as overall well-being and health in many ways, so it’s not restricted to those with a predisposition to illness:
- Digestion Enhances the digestion process, acting as a tonic for digestion that cleans digestive tracts. Its mild laxative qualities (Rechana) aid in the treatment and prevention of constipation as well as general stomach-intestinal discomfort. the irritable bowel syndrome. It also boosts metabolism, and prevents any type obstruction due to the presence of impurities.
- immune System by utilizing triphala Rasayana, i.e. its rejuvenating effects, it boosts your immune system. It is a great source of antioxidants that help fight the effects of oxidative stress. This way, it combats fatigue and lethargy within the body through the process of generating energy and eliminating the body’s waste products.
- Diabetes: Triphala helps those suffering from diabetes or who are susceptible to developing the disease by preventing glycolytic enzymes. There are tannins which are polyphenols, are able to bind and precipitate proteins and the lowering of blood sugar levels also reduces and blocks glycocation. In simple terms it hinders metabolism and absorption and digestion of starch, thereby hindering post-meal hyperglycemia that is an excessive amount of sugar in blood.
- eye care Strains caused by pollution and radiation in the air makes our eyes prone to different kinds of irritation and diseases. Triphala is abundant of Vitamin A which helps in the treatment and prevention of eye problems. You can make use of Triphala Churna juice to make an eyewash, however not without the approval of an eye doctor.
- Skin and hair issues: Triphala antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties assist in the healing process and prevents dermatological problems such as redness, inflammation of the skin and acne, oxidative injuries dryness of the skin and so on. It helps to rebuild skin proteins and keeps moisture in the skin, which results healthier skin. Triphala can be a great help in healing wounds because it boosts collagen production and lowers the chance of infection caused by harmful bacteria. It is rich with Vitamin C due to the presence of Amla, Triphala suits every type of skin, thus, it eliminates the possibility of adverse negative effects. Regular use of hair products that contain heavy chemical ingredients, can be detrimental to hair. Triphala offers solutions to various types of hair issues too. It is able to decrease hair loss, stop hair loss and dandruff, clears hair follicles of hair, and stops premature greying of hair, and so on. It is a great way to achieve shinier, smoother hair.
- Gout and arthritis: Triphala has shown anti-arthritic properties in a study carried out on rats. It decreased inflammation that results from arthritis. It could help fight the degeneration of cartilage and bone in animals suffering from arthritis in the study, which is evident in the reduction in levels of bone collagen. Gout is caused due to high levels of uric acid , which causes pain-inducing inflammation of joint bones. A study of mice revealed an “strong anti-inflammatory effect” against Gout in animals. The study revealed that Triphala can flush out excess uric acid and reduce the levels of uric acids, bringing great relief for those suffering from Gout.
- Antioxidant A number of studies in test tubes and animals, Triphala has been shown to increase antioxidant activity.
- Stress and anxiety Stress and anxiety: Not only is stress difficult to handle but it also has the potential to affect our behavioural and physiological functions, as and our immunity system, making us more susceptible to various illnesses. Based on research in Journal of Alternative as well as Complementary medicine, Triphala can help protect the body from stress. It reduces corticosterone levels according to the need to assist with stress. Corticosterone is also known as the stress hormone that helps people cope with stress from the environment.
Triphala offers a variety of more advantages to treat specific ailments. For instance, it can help restore healthy enzymes to the stomach, helping to prevent ulcers in the stomach, help treat hyperacidity, assist in liver disorders due to its rejuvenating properties as well as jaundice, asthma dental disease, and so on.
Composition of Triphala
Triphala comes in capsules extract, tea tablets, powder and tinctures. The procedure for making Triphala Churna differs according to the recipe. Some recipes suggest including Harad, Baheda and Amla in a ratio of 3:2:4, while other recommend adding all three fruits in equal proportions. One method for making Triphala churna isto:
- After obtaining the three fruits, Amla (150 grams), Harad (50 gms) and Baheda (100 grams) It is necessary to remove the seeds and chop them into smaller pieces.
- Cut them into smaller pieces and place them out in the open to dry in the sun.
- After the fruit has been sun-dried and then crushed, they are finely ground using the mixer-grinder or mortar.
- Mix the three powders together and keep these in an airtight storage container.
Based on Ayurvedic professionals, Triphala churna has an expiry time of between 3 and 6 months, based on the amount of moisture it is exposed to.
Triphala and its many forms
Due to its success within the market of mass consumption, Triphala is abundantly available especially in the form the powder and tea. It can be utilized in many ways for various uses. The most common ways to use Triphala include:
- For hair For hair: Boil four spoons Triphala churna in 2 pints of water for 10 minutes. It is possible to add 2 spoons of oil of your preference if your hair is dry. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool. When it’s cooled to a suitable temperature then slowly apply it to your hair, stopping to massage your hair properly wash into. After 30 minutes, rinse it out. It is suggested to repeat this procedure every week to get amazing and positive results.
- As an eye wash To wash your eyes, boil half a teaspoon Triphala Churna in one cups of water 2 up to three minutes in order to make Triphala tea. Then strain it until there are no particles remaining. If you don’t follow this procedure this could cause severe irritation around and in the eyes. The tea should be allowed to cool. Cleanse your eyes using the mixture by squirting it into your eyes, and then blinking between each to aid in proper cleansing of your eyes. This will help retain the moisture within your eyes in case you have dry or itchy eyes. While this technique is safe and has been used regularly used by many over the years, if suffer from an underlying medical eye problem, it is advised to consult with your physician before attempting this.
- Skin Cleanser Mix Triphala churna and coconut oil warm to make the paste. Then gently cleanse your skin with it. If you have dry , patchy face, this mask can be the best companion for revitalizing and hydrating your skin.
Another way to treat sensitive skin areas is to prepare an Triphala tea following the directions for eyewash, and then strain it through a soft cloth. After it has cooled and you are ready to use it, clean your skin gently. This technique will calm your skin if you suffer from non-cystic acne , or have areas of excessive oily skin.
- The toothpaste: Triphala has been acknowledged by numerous health experts as having a major impact on the health of your teeth If used in a proper manner. While it might not be as good, using a toothpaste comprised from Triphala helps to remove the buildup of toxins that have accumulated on our gums, teeth, and tongue. It’s effective in removing plaque from teeth.
Mix a tiny amount of Triphala Churna with warm water until it forms an emulsion. Rub your teeth gently and massage your gums using this paste with your fingers or toothbrush. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with warm water.
- Juice half a teaspoon Triphala Churna, along with two tablespoons of aloe vera juice, in 1 cup warm water can help for those suffering from poor liver function or other general liver issues. Drink a glass before getting ready to go to bed each night. The aloe plant can work as a cooling and hydrating substance for the body.
- Tea Drinking regularly and on a daily basis of Triphala tea:
– can facilitate healthy bowel movements.
It helps to strengthen the immune system.
It is beneficial to your hair, skin and mouth. It also helps stomach, liver, etc.
This can prevent many kinds of cancer as well as ulcers, diabetes etc.
It can have a relaxing affect on your mind and body, helping to reduce stress-related issues.
It is possible to add a spoon in honey with your Triphala tea for a stronger tasting, more sweet taste. Consuming a glass of tea before going to bed and the next day helps to treat constipation.
Risks and side effects of Triphala
- The laxative properties of Triphala may prove beneficial for a wide range of conditions, however when used in higher dosages, it could cause diarrhoea or cause stomach upset. If you suffer from these issues, decrease or eliminate your dose completely for a period of time.
- As previously mentioned, Triphala is beneficial for decreasing blood sugar in the case of hyperglycemia. But, if you take it in greater dosages, it could cause blood sugar levels to fall below your ideal levels.
- The research is in progress for Triphala’s potential effects on children and pregnant women. Always consult with an Ayurvedic physician prior to taking Triphala in case you are expecting.
- If you purchase Triphala in a retail retailer, be aware of the various ingredients that it has and only purchase products that have passed a test by an independent third party because they could contain preservatives that could be harmful to your body when taken frequently.
A study that was published in Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine suggests the consumption to “specific probiotic species” may improve the effects of Triphala since the probiotics can be “capable of mediating the increased digestion” and other benefits of Triphala. This could further increase Triphala’s benefits and increase the responses of the body’s response to Triphala more consistent.
The variety of issues caused with Triphala and its associated effects can be intimidating to some , but a moderate dose of Triphala particularly following consulting with a doctor can calm your body and mind and will become part of your daily routine within a matter of minutes. The study of Triphala and its effects is ongoing. It’s exciting to see what exciting new possibilities Triphala might bring our near future!
All the information collected from the Internet, our intention only guides and is aware of the benefits of ayurvedic medicines. And which company is best for cannabis oil and cannabis medicines. I suggest first free consultation with cannabis doctors in India then taking hemp medicines because in India you don’t get cannabis medicines without a prescription.