What is muesli/Musli?
Muesli is a ready-to-eat cereal and a popular breakfast option consisting of rolled oats, fresh and dried fruits, seeds and nuts. The first meal of the day is the most important, it literally breaks your overnight fast and energizes you for the rest of the day.
The virtue of muesli to start your day is that you get nuts in the form of protein and oats in the form of carbs from a bowl of muesli. Due to the busyness of life, we do not get time to cook something healthy in the kitchen. Muesli is a quick and easy to make snack that contains healthy ingredients with the right mix of nutrition and flavour.
Muesli in hindi – म्यूसली अनाज, सूखे मेवे और ताज़े फल का संतुलित मेल होता है। सुबह के लिए, यह अपने आप में ही एक संपूर्ण नाश्ता है क्योंकि इसमें भरपुर मात्रा में प्रोटीन, कॅल्शियम, लौषतत्व, रेशांक, विटामीन और ऑक्सीकरण रोधी होते हैं। आप सभी सूखी सामग्री को मिलाकर हवा-बन्द डब्बे में रख सकते हैं, जिससे समय कम होने पर, आपको इसमें केवल ताज़े कटे हुए फल और दूध मिलाना होगा।
Muesli is a high fiber and protein superfood packed with healthy ingredients. One bowl of muesli provides about 300 calories, the nutritional value of muesli making it a healthy food.
types of muesli
Various types of muesli are easily available in the market for the consumers, from which they can choose according to their health, taste and flavour. It has Protein Muesli, Mixed Fruit Muesli, Fruit and Walnut Muesli, Fruit and Fiber Muesli, Swiss Style Muesli, Choco Delight Muesli, Bajra Muesli, Turmeric and Ginger Muesli, Honey and Nuts Muesli, Cranberry and Badam Muesli and Conventional Crunchy Classic Muesli.
Read More: Ayurvedic Medicine for Weight loss – Triphala Churna
Benefits of Muesli/Musli
Muesli is popular as a healthy food that you can have for breakfast, lunch, dinner or evening snack. The benefits of muesli are many when eaten at any time . Here are some reasons why you should go ahead and try this breakfast as a healthy alternative:
- muesli for weight loss – A simple recipe with a handful of ingredients, muesli is a great concept for weight loss! Muesli has the perfect combination of protein, fiber and carbohydrates which is perfect for fitness freaks and weight watchers. Have a bowl of muesli with skimmed milk or curd and add slices of fresh fruit to enjoy a healthy snack without making your waistline bigger. Muesli is low in calories as it is low in sugar. The sweetness in muesli comes from healthy and nutritious fresh fruits. So, you will not be able to gain extra weight but can reduce your weight by consuming muesli. In addition, the nutritional value of muesli is used to help one lose weight faster
- muesli for diabetes – Breakfast is a sufficient meal of the day, especially when you are diabetic. A healthy breakfast controls your weight and controls your blood sugar levels. Muesli is an ideal low sugar breakfast option for diabetics. Unsweetened muesli when consumed with almond milk helps to control diabetes and maintain sugar levels.
- muesli for pregnancy – A good diet is essential for a healthy pregnancy with the right amount of nutrients and vitamins. The benefits of muesli for pregnancy are many. Apart from main meals, snacking with muesli is a great option as junk food should not be consumed during pregnancy. Muesli is an excellent source of fibre, vitamins and protein and is definitely a healthy snack.
- muesli for breastfeeding – We often read so much about food that breastfeeding moms should avoid but what about those superfoods you should really be consuming? Rich in whole grains, oats and wheat flax, muesli is an excellent source of iron, a nutrient that is usually lacking in breastfeeding mothers, resulting in lethargy and fatigue. The oats present in muesli also improve the production of breast milk.
- muesli for cholesterol – Eating muesli reduces cholesterol and heart disease due to its high content of soluble fiber (beta-glucan). Studies show that dietary fiber lowers LDL cholesterol by up to 10%. The combination of muesli with lemon juice improves your heart health.
- muesli for constipation – Wheat flax and oats present in muesli are rich in fiber. This fiber content helps to improve bowel movements and helps against constipation. Muesli is a light snack that is easy to digest and aids in better digestion of the digestive system.
- muesli for weight gain – Gaining weight can be challenging and frustrating for those who are very thin. Sure, people consume deep-fried foods and sugary beverages to gain weight, but the healthiest way is to eat clean and nutritious food.You can mix it with nuts, seeds and dry fruits to make your own muesli for weight gain purposes. Nuts and seeds are rich in polyunsaturated fats that provide healthy calories in your diet. If you’re not keen on eating nuts and seeds, you can take in extra calories by adding butter or full cream milk.
Benefits of Muesli for Weight Loss!
Muesli For Weight Loss –
Muesli is a mixture of the following ingredients such as whole grains, dry fruits, nuts and seeds. All the grains present in muesli are raw. This is what sets it apart from granola, which highlights the cooked grain.
It is usually served with low-fat milk, orange or yogurt. Muesli Complex carbs, fiber, protein and supplements can be included in a weight loss diet, yet focus on your servings to curb calories and bad fats.
Is muesli good for weight loss?
Yes, muesli is best for weight loss. Muesli is low in saturated fat and very low in cholesterol. It is likewise high in fiber and whole grains which kickstart and maintain the stomach related processes in the body. In addition, it is a source of cell antioxidants. Hence, musli is healthy. The ingredients that make muesli healthy are given below:
- Muesli has less sugar than most of your other breakfast options.
- Muesli is rich in antioxidants which are good for your overall health.
- It is rich in protein and fiber to strengthen your digestive system.
- Muesli is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids which are good for weight loss.
- It is the best milk and dairy alternative that provides you with all the essential vitamins and nutrients.
best muesli for weight loss
Low in calories with low sugar, unroasted muesli is a healthier option. Opt for low-fat milk or yogurt and limit your portions to maintain a low calorie intake. It is crunchy diet muesli which acts as a low calorie nutritional food to lose weight.
Try these best muesli for weight loss combination for better results:
- Fruit and Oat Muesli
- Toasted Oat and Coconut Muesli
- Toasted Pumpkin Muesli
- Apple Muesli with Goji Berry
What is the right time to eat muesli to lose weight?
- Muesli for breakfast:When it comes to the meal of the day, breakfast always plays a major role. Your morning meal should be rich in sugar and fiber which helps in improving your digestion. It should be rich in proteins and minerals which are basic for the health of the body. And for all these muesli benefits can freshen up your day.You can also add some fresh berries like strawberries, blueberries, bananas, oats. Vit flakes can also be added to make muesli more tasty and healthy. You can likewise take in some nuts such as almonds and pecans along with dried organic products such as raisins and apricots. Raisins, apricots and crunchy organic produce add a distinctive sweet flavor to your muesli bowl. Use low-fat or skim milk instead of full cream milk to cut down on extra calories.
- Muesli for Lunch:You can change the muesli recipe as per your need. You can add or remove elements to suit your needs. Add apples, flaxseeds, chia seeds and crispy yogurt to a bowl of muesli to make your lunch more appealing. Apples and yogurt maintain balance and flavor. They don’t make your muesli too sweet but they do make it healthier. Similarly you can add crispy vegetables like carrots and beetroot for a healthy lunch.
- Muesli for Dinner:Muesli is also a complete dinner as it is a light food which is easy to digest and contains all the essential nutrients. Its ingredients can also be changed according to your needs. Include fruits like apples and pears which are easy to digest, to eat muesli and use most of the mixture in low fat milk for the benefits of muesli.
How to eat muesli for weight loss (muesli recipe)?
If you are looking to lose weight, then you should make muesli a part of your daily eating routine. Muesli is very useful for weight loss. However, make sure that you are making muesli at home and not buying them from a retail store. Muesli is great for weight loss among all the options. Contains a blend of oats, nuts, dried natural products, spice powders and healthy seeds.
The combination of all the healthy ingredients can give you a fair amount of fiber, protein, solid fats and carbs as well. Nuts, especially walnuts, almonds and seeds such as flax seeds, chia seeds or pumpkin seeds are solid fixings, which contain omega 3 unsaturated fats and fiber.
- To prepare muesli, combine oats, seeds, nuts, dry fruits, cinnamon powder and all the ingredients.
- Put the muesli in a bowl or glass and add some milk to it. You can choose the quantity of milk based on your needs.
- You can either soak it completely and leave it for some time before eating. Later, if you have added more milk, you can drink the rest of the milk at the end.
- You can add chopped nuts, figs and pomegranate over it.
- Garnish with chocolate or grated coconut and apple.
- You can either eat it immediately or keep it in the fridge for some time to eat cold.
How to make Muesli for Weight Loss (Musli Recipe)?
Making muesli at home is quick and easy, as it doesn’t require cooking! Try this easy muesli recipe for dry muesli that can be used as a base for hot or cold meals:
- 4 cups dry rolled oats (or a combo of rolled whole grains like oats, rye flakes, quinoa flakes or barley)
- cup dry oat bran
- 2 cups nuts and/or large seeds (raw or unsalted, toasted) such as almonds, walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
- cup small seeds such as flax seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds.
- 1 cup unsweetened dry fruits such as raisins, golden raisins, dried apricots, cherries or apples.
Combine all ingredients in a large sealable well container. Store at room temperature for up to 1 month or in the freezer for up to 6 months and this recipe makes 18 servings. To serve, take out cup can.
- Lightly add yogurt with fresh berries.
- Mix with unsweetened milk and berries and let cool or it is ready for breakfast in 5 minutes.
- To soften this cold food add a moderate amount of absorbent milk or curd.
Benefits of Muesli for Diabetes
Muesli for Diabetes –
Diabetes is a condition that affects half the population nowadays and more than 90 percent of the population suffers from type 2 diabetes. This condition occurs when the pancreas is not able to produce enough insulin hormone.
Thus, the body is not able to convert the sugar into glucose and the amount of sugar starts increasing in the person’s body. Therefore, people eat different types of food to prevent the increased level of sugar in the body. One such food comes in muesli, which many researchers have claimed reduces high blood sugar levels in the body. Here we will discuss about the benefits of muesli for diabetes, which can also be used by diabetic patients.
Benefits of muesli for diabetics:
Overweight people are more prone to diabetes and muesli helps for weight loss. To control the level of type 2 diabetes, it is necessary to lose weight. Excess glucose is stored as glycogen, which becomes the primary fat around the belly. The muesli component enhances the breakdown of this glycogen. This glycogen break-down happens in excess when we consume muesli. Thus enhances obesity control.
Muesli contains beta-glucan as its chemical constituent. This ingredient significantly reduces blood sugar levels, which is done by suppressing the SGLT 1 (sodium-glucose co-transporter) expression in the intestinal mucosa.
Muesli Recipe for Diabetics:
Here are muesli recipes that are best for people suffering from diabetes:
- Strawberry Yogurt and Muesli Parfaitmaterial:
- cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon raspberry
- 2 cups sugar free strawberry yogurt
- sugar-free muesli
- Take a serving glass and pour the ingredients into it one by one
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 1 hour
- Serve cold with topping of nuts
- Swiss-Style Mueslimaterial:
- 240 grams muesli
- 1 grated green apple
- cup natural yogurt
- 1 cup skimmed milk
- 240 grams of oats
- 10 grams nuts of your choice
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients together and keep it for the whole night to cool
- The next morning take out the bowl and serve it cold with low fat curd.
- Homemade Muesli with Oats and Nutsmaterial:
- 1 cup muesli
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 apples
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- cup Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ Cup goji berries
- pecan nuts
- Take a bowl and add muesli, oats and all the seeds and mix.
- You can toast it in a pan or in the oven.
- For caramelized apples take a pan and put butter in it. Cut the apple into small pieces.
- Sauté the apples in the butter and add some cinnamon powder, honey or maple syrup and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Mix everything together and serve with hot or cold milk as per your wish.
Is muesli good for diabetics?
Muesli is a mixture of different types of nuts or seeds. These nuts and seeds are good sources of magnesium which is important for regulating glucose levels in the body of people suffering from diabetes and also keeps it risk free. Muesli is a very good option for diabetics.